Being Healthy

Alexa Brown

So many people talk about being healthy.  It's a topic I am sure you have had conversations about.  Well, healthy looks different for everyone. I want to take today and talk about what healthy means to me and how that might look different for you.  When I talk to be different people about being healthy, everyone seems to think that in order to be healthy, you must fit into the perfect set of guidelines.  I know you can be healthy in many ways, you can be physically healthy, mentally healthy, emotionally healthy and others too!  I want to give you some ways that I continue to be physically healthy in my life and I hope that you can share some with me.  As I said, my healthy and your healthy are going to look different.  However, I love getting new ideas from others!  The path to staying healthy is lifelong and changes as we go.  So, let's give each other some ideas.

1. Exercise!  Of course, exercising is important to be physically healthy.  I know you aren't going to exercise everyday and really, you shouldn't.  You need rest days too.  Though, if you stick to your regular workout regimen doing the Healthy Body Guide you will naturally feel better each day!

2. Eat healthy!  I try to live eating natural whole foods 80% of the time and allowing myself the other 20% to eat whatever I want without thinking about.  So, when I go out to eat or just want to indulge in greasy pizza I can guilt free.  I need to be able to satisfy cravings. 

3. Sleep!  I already mentioned all of my tips for better sleep last week and that is a huge part of being physically healthy for me.

4. Drink Water!  We did a water challenge already last month and I mentioned that you should set a goal to drink a gallon of water each day. skin and body feel so good when I drink lots of water. 

5. Relax!  Make time to relax.  Life with two kiddos doesn't always allow for a lot of me time.  However, I try to set aside time for myself. It doesn't happen every day, but it doesn't have to. Though, every single time I get some time alone, I come out feeling so refreshed and ready to tackle everything ahead of me.  I know it can be challenging to do this, but it isn't impossible.  Make some time for yourself!

I know these all seem pretty simple and obvious, but they are a lot easier said than done.  So, let's do it!  Go share your healthy ideas by tagging @hbgcommunity and using the hashtags #hbgblog and #hbggirls to tell me how you stay healthy.

Leave a Comment