I know I said chips and salsa are my favorite food. Well, tacos...that's my second favorite. These tacos are probably the easiest recipe I've ever made and also one of the best. The slow cooker is one the best kitchen appliances I own. It's so great being able to throw dinner in it in the morning and hours later having dinner already ready to eat! You know what else is great about it? You can always make extra so you have leftovers because the leftover chicken is amazing. Follow these simple steps to create some delicious tacos.
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 1/2 cups 505 green chile sauce
1/2 cup cilantro
2 limes, juiced
1. Place your chicken breasts at the bottom of your slow cooker.
2. Sprinkle the seasonings evenly over the chicken.
3. Cover with 505 green chile sauce and lime juice.
4. Lastly, sprinkle cilantro on top.
5. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
6. Once your chicken is done, remove from slow cooker and shred the chicken with a fork. It should shred easily. Use the juice from the slow cooker to moisten the chicken to your liking. I usually add about 3/4 cup of juice.
7. Now, find your favorite tortilla. Place your chicken in the tortilla and top with all of your desired toppings. I usually use corn tortillas and top of my taco with cheese, avocado, salsa and lettuce!
Let me know what you think of the chicken tacos by tagging @hbgcommunity and using the hashtags #hbggirls and #hbgblog.