I love asparagus, but trying to get the rest of my family to eat can be a bit of a struggle. I mean, vegetables in general can be a struggle for so many people. This recipe is one that is well liked in my house. I love finding recipes that are simple and enjoyable for everyone. My kids love this recipe and I love that they do! Enjoy!
1 pound asparagus
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Pour the olive oil over the asparagus and mix to coat evenly.
3. Arrange the asparagus on a baking sheet in a single layer.
4. Sprinkle the salt, pepper, lemon zest and minced garlic over the asparagus.
5. Place in the oven for 9-10 minutes, until tender.
6. Squeeze lemon wedges for fresh lemon juice on top.
7. Serve hot!!